Data protection law
With the entry into force of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) on 25 May 2018, data protection law more and more becomes the focus of public attention. Since personal data are collected and processed for almost every business operation, compliance with the data protection laws is mandatory even “cross sectional” for every company and public authority. Moreover, the GDPR introduced or extended extensive documentation and notification obligations, which require precise knowledge of all processing activities within the clients organisation.
The obligation to disclose the legal basis on which processing of personal data takes place forces organisations to document all relevant considerations. Data protection expertise within the organisation is therefore indispensable in order not to run the risk of being exposed to possible sanctions by the supervisory authorities or, if applicable, warnings from competitors that both may evoke substantial fines and costs.
The importance of data security and the implementation of technical and organisational measures required to reach such data security (which must of course be documented) is as well emphasised by the GDPR in comparison with the previously applicable law.
We provide legal advice in National and European Data Protection:
- Full Service Consulting for Data Protection Officers and Management
- Data Protection Management (including Gap Analysis)
- Technical and Organisational Data Protection
- Contract Design and Negotiation
- Joint Controller Agreements
- International Data Transfers
- Special Focus on Scientific and Commercial Research & Development
- Health Data and eHealth-applications
- Ambient Assisted Living
- Representation towards Authorities