Attorney-at-law | Partner
Dr. Philip Lüghausen
- +49 221 / 270 956 - 210
- +49 221 / 270 956 - 222
- +49 176 / 7 35 36 217
- Dr. Philip Lüghausen on Xing
- Dr. Philip Lüghausen on LinkedIn
Dr. Philip Lüghausen has primarily specialized in data and data protection law. He places particular emphasis on scientific and commercial research and development, in particular clinical and non-clinical research projects on pharmaceuticals and medical devices. His areas of practice include IT law, including e-commerce law, competition law and intellectual and industrial property law. His clients include SMEs and multinational companies.
Dr. Lüghausen studied law at the University of Cologne. After his studies at the University of Cologne, he received his doctorate with a copyright work related to IPTV services under the supervision of Prof. Prütting. Before joining BHO Legal as a partner, Dr. Lüghausen worked for 9 years as a lawyer at renowned Cologne and Düsseldorf boutique law firms in the field of data protection law, IT law and intellectual property law. He is a member of the Cologne Bar Association, the German Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (GRUR) and of NRW.uniTS, a network project funded by the Ministry of Innovation, Science and Research of the State of North Rhine-Westphalia. He regularly holds workshops and courses on pharma-specific data protection law for FORUM Institut für Management GmbH and organizes in-house workshops and training courses for the management and staff of his clients’ specialist departments. Dr. Lüghausen is a lecturer at the University of Siegen, where he teaches media business law.
Degree in German Law (2nd State Exam), Düsseldorf, Germany
Degree in German Law (1st State Exam) , University of Cologne, Germany
Attorney-at-law and Partner at BHO Legal Lecturer at the Univesity of Siegen
- 2016 - 2018
Attorney-at-law at BUSEKIST WINTER & Partner Lawyers, Düsseldorf
- 2014 - 2016
Attorney-at-law and founding member at KLR KINDERMANN LÜGHAUSEN Lawyers, Düsseldorf
- 2012 - 2014
Attorney-at-law at FREY Lawyers, Cologne
- 2010 - 2012
Attorney-at-law at Terhaag & Partner Lawyers, Düsseldorf
- 2007 - 2010
Legal clerkship at the Federal Cartel Office in Bonn (3 months) and the IP/IT specialist law firm Terhaag & Partner in Düsseldorf (13 months)
- 2006 - 2008
Research fellow at the Institute for Broadcasting Law at the University of Cologne
- Data protection in pharmaceutical and medical device research (original: Datenschutz in pharmazeutischer und Medizinprodukte-Forschung, pharmind issue no. 5, 2022.
- Chapter on data protection in the health sector in: Lachenmann, Forms Manual Data Protection Law (original: Formularhandbuch Datenschutzrecht), 3rd ed. 2021.
- Long awaited: The Trade Secret Law (GeschGehG) will come into force on 26 April 2019 (original: Lange erwartet: Das Geschäftsgeheimisgesetz (GeschGehG) tritt am 26. April 2019 in Kraft), BHO Legal Homepage, Blogbeitrag 26.04.2019.
- Collecting and Processing Geolocation Data under the GDPR, InsideGNSS 2019 (with Matthias Lachenmann).
- Contract Research Organisations acting as Processor (GDPR)?, A&R No. 5/2017.
- “Digital booktraders” copyright liability, AfP No. 1/2014.
- Comment on the ruling of KG on the use of “TM“, IPRB No. 11/2013.
- Comment on the ruling of BGH regarding virtual Videorecorder II, K&R No. 6/2013.
- On legal protection of interview questions, AfP No. 3/2013.
- Right of access of the press to public directories, AfP No. 2/2013.
- About reports on the membership in a political leadership committee of an association, AfP No. 2/2012.
- Comment on the ruling of BGH on the reimbursement of patent attorney costs with trademark law warning letters, IPRB No. 8/2011.
- Commet on the ruling of OLG Munich 2010 – 29 U 3792/10 on Operation of online video recorders represents an independent type of use, K&R No. 2/2011.
- Legal protection of advertising concepts, IPRB No. 1/2011.
- Current problems of advertising in online games, K&R No. 7/2011.
- Nur mit Siegel – (Only with a seal) – Problems with online distribution of CDs and DVDs in cellophane sleeves, Internetworld Business No. 12/10.
- The M-Commerce Check – On the eBay-App and mandatory consumer information, Internetworld Business No. 20/2010.
- Comment on the ruling of BGH 2009 on virtual video recorders, CR 2009.
- The interpretation of Section 53 (1) UrhG with a view on virtual private video recorders, Dissertation (Doctoral Thesis), Aachen 2008.