Attorney-at-law | Senior Associate
Mr Felix Schwarz joined BHO Legal as an associate attorney-at-law in September 2019. He specialises in advising on public procurement and contract law. He has been a specialist attorney for public procurement law since 2023. In this area of law, he supports both public contracting authorities and bidders in award procedures, especially in the award of IT services. The drafting and negotiation of contracts, regularly with reference to IT law and the area of research and development, is also part of his job profile. Another focus is on interdisciplinary projects in the aerospace sector. His focus is on advising on issues of aviation law in the use of unmanned aerial systems.
Mr Schwarz studied law at the University of Cologne and at the Université de Lausanne in Switzerland. After his first state examination, he already supported BHO Legal as a research assistant. He completed his legal traineeship in the district of the Higher Regional Court of Cologne. During this time, he trained at the Federal Network Agency in Bonn, the German Consulate General in Los Angeles and at BHO Legal in Cologne.
Specialist lawyer for public procurement law
Second State Law Examination, Ministry of Justice Düsseldorf
First State Law Examination, University of Cologne
Lawyer at the law office BHO Legal Part mbB
- 2017 - 2019
Legal trainee at BHO Legal in Cologne (9 months) as well as at the Federal Network Agency (3 months) and the German Consulate General Los Angeles (3 months)
- Regular authoring activities for the journal Vergaberecht.
- Commentary on the provisions §§ 15, 16 VgV; §§ 14, 15 SektVO; §§ 9, 10 UVgO, in Juris-Praxiskommentar Vergaberecht, 6th ed. 2022.
- Chapters in: Dr. Mina Baumgarten, Prof. Dr. med. Klaus Hahnenkamp, Prof. Dr. Steffen Fleßa (Eds.), Unmanned Aerial Systems in Medical Care (original: Unbemannte Flugsysteme in der medizinischen Versorgung), Springer Fachmedien Wiesbaden, 2022.
- Use of firearms against drones & other means of defence? in The Professional Drone Operations Market, Blyenburgh & Co, Edition 2.1, 31 March 2022 (co-author: Dr. Oliver Heinrich).
- European Union working to harmonize UAS Regulations, insideunmannedsystems.com, 2018 (co-author: Dr. Oliver Heinrich).